Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Things People Do

The following five things have been done to or around me in the past few days, and I've been annoyed by them enough to mention them in this post:

- In the computer lab, check to see if my document is theirs as we both wait for our respective papers to come out of the shared printer, creasing the corner of my coverpage in the process.

- In the library, embarrasingly whisper on a cell phone, only to boisterously relate the contents of the call to their friend, sitting about 10 feet away.

- At China Hill, be rude to the women getting their food, treating them as though they are dimwitted (seemingly) simply because English was not their first language.

- On Parsons Street, cut in front of me on two wheels to take a left turn into Skyway Industrial Park, looking at me (both driver and passenger) to see if I would react angerly.

- On the phone, call my cell phone, ask for "Derrick," and then swear at me when I explain that I am in fact not Derrick.

The things people do.